The Dozer: Life and Times

Sunday, October 02, 2005

Shut your kid up. (Please)

What I’m listening to right now: “#41” – Dave Matthews Band/ Bela Fleck & The Flecktones: April 20, 2002  


I really can’t stand children anymore. Any age. I don’t care for the attitude problems that mar the adolescent through teenage years. Nor can I stand the really small kids. The crying and especially the screaming drive me into a frenzy. I don’t think it’s cute when your 2 year old pick his/her nose- and I hate having to force a fake smile when the child does so.

The worst part happens to be the fact that children adore me. They tend to gravitate towards me or stare at me with open mouths. I’m perfectly fine with kids just so long as they act like a human. When they refuse to act human-like, that’s when we have a problem.

I can’t stand when I’m in a store and a kid is constantly calling for their mother: “MOM LOOK!! MOM LOOK!! MOM LOOK!!” The mother refuses to pay attention thus allowing their child to continue yelling: “MOM LOOK…MOM LOOK”…… I lose it. STOP PUTTING SO MUCH EFFORT IN TRYING TO FIGURE OUT WHICH SPAGATII SAUCE YOU’RE GONNA BUY AND PARENT YOUR GOD DAMN ANIMAL! The parents that ignore their child to the point where they scream at the top of their lungs pisses me off so much it isn’t funny. Oh well- what can ya do?

What I’m listening to now: “If I Had a Boat”: Dave Matthews/ Tim Reynolds- Jan 26, 1999

I saw a great sign yesterday on my way into Brampton to visit the “Mandarin” buffet. (As a side note, Brampton is the most horrible place in the world) I only wish I had my diggycam to capture it. The sign was at a U-Haul store, and this is what it said: “30 Days Free Storage for Hurricane Katrina Victims”. HAHAHA! I’d love to see the stats on the people that were displaced due to the hurricane and moved to shitty Brampton. Not only did they move there, they brought SO much stuff, they needed a U-Haul storage facility. Fucking bullshit that U-Haul is using this hurricane as a marketing ploy. “Look at us- we’re good guys”. Fuck you U-Haul. When I was moving a few months back, I stole a bunch of moving blankets from them. Good! I feel much better about myself now.

What I’m listening to now: “Rocket Man” – Elton John