The Dozer: Life and Times

Wednesday, September 28, 2005

The Great Divide

I found a great article on the web. The whole thing really doesn’t make sense to me though. Let me get this straight: The First Nations want to be connected to the internet so that they can receive a physician diagnosis via the web. The annual cost is $35,000 per community, per year. I’m not sure who their ISP will be, but 35K seems a bit steep. And what ever happened to this guy?

As a taxpayer, I don’t think I’m comfortable anymore subsidizing people based solely on their heritage or race. It’s just wrong. If we continue to pay the Natives because of “our” wrongdoing, I say lets open the floodgates and set up special programs for EVERY race or culture that we, as Canadians, have diminished. Forget trying to co-exist as one- lets widen the divide!

~ST