The Dozer: Life and Times

Thursday, September 29, 2005

Beside a gas pipe is no place for a kitty!

Although this blog’s title is “Dozer: Life and Times”, it seems that I have gotten away from the “Life and Times” aspect, and instead focused solely on political commentary (I've had a slight interest in politics ever since the infamous Bush Sr. “Read my lips…” speech. Well for now, just this once, I will return to the “Life and Times” format.

I have a new kitty. Well, kinda. You see, this local stray kitty (he might actually be my neighbors- I’m not sure) has been showing up on my front porch. He rolls himself up like a ball over by the natural gas meter and gives me dirty looks whenever the front door opens. It’s as if he wants to say “Shut the fuck up! I’m trying to sleep”. He can’t speak, however, as he is only a cat.

Hurricane Andy hit Orangeville last night. It was Orangeville’s first storm of the Hurricane season. No real damage to report: my neighbor’s lawn chair was blown over and some trim from the top of my garage was torn. Looks like a weekend project for me. Luckily, the Charlie Brown tree in the front yard remained intact. Apparently I was the only Orangeville resident not to be awaken by the high winds. I slept like a baby. At this point, it would take a nuclear attack to wake me up. I’m that tired.


I’m not sure how many people read this blog, or how many people read it on a regular basis, but you really have to click on the hyperlinks. They contain stuff that ensures I am not lying, and oftentimes contain information that adds to the comedic value of the story. All in all I am finding this blog to be a fun tool for me. I post headache free, and once I take the time to figure out how to put up pictures, I’ll be laughing. The one thing that has been pissing me off, however, are the “people” that post comments in my guestbook and leave a link to some “get-rich-quick scheme” website. I have this creeping suspicion that these are not really blog readers, but rather some form of blog guestbook spammers. Anyway, I’m thinking of disabling the entire guestbook function because of it.


I think its time to retire for the evening.

SCBT